The purpose of the Arkansas Council of the Blind is to strive for the betterment of our total community
· Through a representative state-wide organization primarily of blind people.
· By annual scholarships to deserving post-secondary blind students.
· By assisting in the purchase of rehabilitative aids for blind students in the Arkansas school systems.
· By encouraging and assisting the blind, especially the newly blind, to develop their abilities and potentialities and to assure their responsible places in the community.
· By providing the free exchange of ideas, opinions, and information relative to the matters and concerns of blind people through publication of the Braille Forum Magazine.
· By providing a forum for the view of the blind from all corners of the state and from all walks of life.
· By conducting programs of public education aimed toward improving the understanding of the problems of blindness and the capabilities of blind people.
Links and Events
American Council of the Blind
The Braille Forum
A Guide to a Successful College Experience
Are You the Parents of A Blind Child?
Are You a Senior Citizen Struggling with Vision Loss?