What do ACB members do?
All members of the ACB are given an opportunity to receive free the Braille Forum, A national magazine devoted to a wide variety of issues involved with being blind or visually impaired.
$5.00 for National Dues (American Council of the Blind)
$1.00 for State Dues (Arkansas Council of the Blind)
$1.00 for the Member-at Large Chapter Dues
- As a support organization, we host an annual convention in the spring offering guest speakers, entertainment, prizes and much more.
- Chapters host functions such as monthly meetings, celebrations of holidays, and other projects.
Why should I become a member of ACB
Perhaps you (or someone you know) may have been experiencing a slight problem with vision. At meetings of ACB, information is available on how to go about your daily life without vision, or limited vision.
- Someone about to undergo cataract surgery can benefit from knowing what items are available to help them continue an independent lifestyle.
- Volunteers in a medical setting, such as a hospital, benefit from attending the meetings to learn how to help a person who is blind, or temporarily suffering a loss of vision.
- Or you just might be that extra special person wanting to learn how to help others in a very meaningful way, such as a caregiver.
Q - Suppose I don't want to join, but would like to make a tax deductible donation?
A - We are a 501 (c) (3) not for Profit. We can provide you with a donation receipt for your taxes. Donations can be general or towards a specific ACB projects of your choice.
Q - What type of items will the ACB Thrift Store take?
A - We take Clothing, Furniture, Misc Household, Shoes, Working Appliances Call 479-756-3908 for more information on other items.
Q - What about Vehicles?
A - We will take working Boats, Cars, Trucks, and ATV's.
Call 479-756-3908 for more information on other items.